Apr 05, 2016 - 5:00pm
A great deal of work has been carried out in recent years on climate change as an investment risk, and much of this is articulated in submissions made by the Investor Group on Climate Change (IGCC) and Carbon Tracker Initiative.
Our submission therefore briefly consider the existing carbon emissions disclosure (NGERs) and the Financial Stability Board’s Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD).
The primary focus of this submission is:
- Risks related to carbon and climate change that are particular to Australia’s economy and financial system
- The financial sector, which the TCFD noted are subject to few climate-related disclosure regimes worldwide
- Emerging financial risks relating to climate change
- Physical impacts of climate change
- The role of financial authorities, regulators, and public policy
Click link below to read the full submission.